Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
i have heard that there is an alfa 156 maintenance/repair manual online, a PDF - does someone know where to find it, or has a copy of it?
(need to replace clutch)
thanks in advance for any handy tips
Adrian

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,

There's a manual available but it's a Windows programme and not a PDF. I have it on my computer at home (I'm in the car at the moment) and I'll send you a link to it when I get back if someone hasn't helped in the meantime.

Selespeed or manual?

Steve

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are a couple of disc versions around, which I found pretty ordinary. I replaced the clutch in my 2000 156 a few weeks ago mostly after searching this forum, which pulled up plenty of relevent info.

Pig of a job by the way. My 2000 model has the slave cylinder and throw out bearing as one piece inside the bellhousing, so figure in the cost of replacing them while you are in there.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
yes but can anyone get it to run in win7? i have the disc but can only run it on xp, but now no longer have that...

so if someone has it as pdf or something that would be a massive help...

or can tell if me it can run on win7 and how...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Has anyone managed to get this working on Windows 7?
- if so, can you let me know how :confused:
For anyone else seeing this....

(Not teaching Granny to suck eggs.....)
  • Burn the .iso file to disk with your favorite burning programm.
  • Eject disk, re-insert disk.
  • Run program, as Admin if the option comes up (always best).
  • Follow ALL onscreen instructions, placing the program in your chosen location ("C:\Program Files" by default).
  • Complete installation.
  • Don't run the program.
  • Eject disk.
  • Re-start PC.
  • Run program from desktop or program list.
  • Insert disk (you MUST have the disk in the CD drive for the program to work*
*You can get away with not having the disk in if you choose to use a 'Virtual' drive, something like MagicISO, but that's a bit more complicated, and you must instal the program from this virtual drive in the first place.

Hope that helps, I have this working perfectly fine on both my main PC (Windows 7 Ultimate) and on my netbook (Windows 7 Starter).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts