Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:hi i have a 51 plate alfa 156 1.8 t spark the rear lights stay on realy dim weather the ignition is off or on and when you put the lights on the drivers side rear light still stays dim also on the rev counter i have a little orange light that stays on it has a ! in it please can sombody help thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
can I ask, does this happen when just the nearside fog lamp is on all the time, dimmly?

I keep hearing the rear brake light/main bulb but thats not the one that stays on for me.

Also, is it just the rev counter? or the whole clock unit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have VND810MSP chips

Just found a bag of the chips that you would need to replace if you were trying to fix your rev counter. I have 3 left if anyone wants one. PM me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello lewurf, cleared out the garage today and found three(!) 156 2.4 jtd rev counters that have all suffered the same failiure; would you be interested in repairing them? I would only need two back, so no 3 is yours if you want it. Are you up for that?

Thanks
Captain B

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry Cap'n, I am now Alfaless so have no use for a rev counter, fixed or otherwise. If anyone wants to take a chip or three off my hands they are welcome but my soldering skills are not quite up to doing the job myself.

·
Registered
544 Posts
new counters are £25

·
Registered
544 Posts
oh I meant my mate sourcing one from his street ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts