Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I am looking for a few parts to kick off this project of mine:

1. Coilovers - BC/Maxtrac/FK
  2. Side skirts, preferably the Zender side skirts that came with that whole Zender kit with the arch farings etc.
  3. GTA headlights - forget this I just bought a new set off eBay for a great price.
  4. Roof rails or racks for a Sportwagon
  5. 17" GTV teledials, swop for 18" GT jetfins
  6. 3.0 intake runners
  7. Wooden 6spd gearknob

I am giving a week's time to search for these parts, the sideskirt and headlights and coilovers I can import, but I'd much rather buy them here if possible. Any one have any of these parts or know where I can get please let me know.

:smash:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris from Alfa Omega.

I'm patiently waiting for coilovers to magically rock up for sale.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Veez did you buy it yet?

Let's ask for a group discount...if we get two more guys I skeem we can get 10-15% off...ordering 4 kits is better than 1.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, Gertie and I confirm, Veez do you confirm because I'm chatting to the guy now.

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
you will be surprised at the maxtrac

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Is it really that good ? I am considering wht shocks to put on the GT and Maxtrac coil-overs is a cheap-ish alternative, just not sure if it is on par with Koni, bilstein or even D2

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Is it really that good ? I am considering wht shocks to put on the GT and Maxtrac coil-overs is a cheap-ish alternative, just not sure if it is on par with Koni, bilstein or even D2
D2 is the cheapest of the lot you just mentioned, and even that is rather pricey IMO.

I'll believe Paul for saying it is good having had it for a decent while. The only question to answer is on longevity....
Think about OEM replacement pricing - the Maxtrac is in that ball park. If it lasts for just more than the OEM replacement time... You score

EDIT: I've started to hear of Koni's failing, I am not all that convinced of Koni (especially for the price of the higher end stuff)

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
And D2's are really really hard. would not use them in a street application. My statement was that for a cheapish coil over, i am pleasantly surprised at the performance

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know about the Maxtrac's now...

A digital Air setup for with proper AirLift(firestone) bags on current shock struts, with proper air lines, proper VIair pumps and proper controller...is R26k.

Maxtrac now is R6700...if I save for for 5 months and not buy a single car part, or tekkie or live large, I can get an Air ride kit for the 156 Wagon this year still...its controllable, very good drive, very good looks and its just bad ass...I think I'll go this way...

@Gertie and Rudi I'll still get details from Cheslin:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts