Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I get the MCSF High pressure regulator error sometime. The car goes to safe/limp mode. Once I start it again it is all good.
I changed the fuel pressure regulator and for some time it was all good, no errors, but it came back again.
The car has been remaped a month ago. I had no errors before that.
Can any of you confirm that the remap can be causing all this trouble? Or it doen't have anything to do with it?
Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I have found something that is related to my problem
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/361889-sudden-loss-of-power-after-remap.html:
Originally Posted by Pud237:
Unless you fancy paying out for a new clutch and flywheel in the not too distant future, you need to stop driving like this. Its OK on a standard car, where torque limiters are in place to prevent your transmission from being overstressed, but thats not the case on a remapped car. You are probably putting out 50lbft more than your flywheel & clutch was designed to take, and the higher the gear you're in and the closer to peak torque you're at in the rev range, the more you are stressing the components. Next time you're at 60 and want to overtake someone, just drop it into 5th or 4th, so that the revs over around 2,600-2,700rpm before giving it full throttle and you'll save yourself a lot of £££s in the long run. Also, you'll probably find driving in this style means that MCSF light stops coming on. The ECU is moving the VNT arm too much and the boost is rising faster than your engine is increasing in rpms, so intake manifold pressure rises & rises until it triggers an error, fuel is cut way back and the VNT is backed off, effectively putting you in safe mode to stop the engine from being over-boosted.
Do you guys agree with this?
Can this be overcome in some way? Or should I just remove the remap and go back to factory maps.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts