Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Agreed. The 2.0 tended to have oil pumps fail I don't know why the did and not the 1.6 or 1.8. The JTS fairs better which I think is due to having a smaller oil pickup despite the thicker oil. I can only think it somehow manages to restrict oil flow when the oil is cold and more viscous.

I think the Busso is the strongest engine. They can take some serious abuse. That said, since I had the JTS engine apart of overhaul, I'm up from around 50 to 200 over revs! I don't like the limiter cutting in but I do often judge it close. Only a rebuild JTS is worth ringing as the ones with inlet trace carbon have no power above 5000rpm.

As for mileage, I think any 156 should be good for 200k which is what I'd like to get from my JTS before it is too long in the tooth and needing just too much effort to fight tin worm. It would have been 150k but this virus has stopped all use this year. At least it now has a Squadra remap though.

Registered
My 2.5V6 156 as first registered on April Fools Day, 2000. She is currently displaying 129,132 miles.
The car is currently in daily use but, C19 and all that, shes not being used much.
I find it to be an extremely capable motorway car, and a very good all-rounder.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts