Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I must bore you with this, since I am not able to google it out or to find a alfa owner who knows how to help me...

What are these buttons for?!

1 - I can turn it in 3 possitions, nothig is writen on it.
2 - Fog-lamps, I know that one!
3 - Similar icon as the fog lamp, but I dont see anything change when it is ON.
4 - ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation) OFF? What I use it for? If I want to slide on ice or drift?? :/
5 - Snowflake icon. Dont have a clue what could it be for... maybe mirror heater?
6 - Not sure if I'm pointing to a right button, but the one I want says "MONO". WTF is MONO?!

This is my car in the attachment. Thanx! :)

USING INTERNET EXPLORER (Windows) OPEN THIS IF YOU DONT SEE ANYTHING IN ANOTHER BROWSER
Alfa Owners Manual

CORRECT ANSWERS

1 - This is actually a JOYSTICK!!! Its not a BUTTON!!! Now it is used to adjust your side mirrors. You can move it as you would move L and R sticks on PS3 (or XBOX). To adjust your left mirror, rotate its arrow to point all the way to the left. To adjust the right mirror, rotate it all the way to the right. To suspend its function, place it in the middle position. When you selected the mirror you want to adjust, simply push the stick forward, backward, this will adjust the X rotation od the mirror, and move it left/right for Y rotation of the mirror. If the stick is in the middle position, moving it does nothing.

2 - Fog lamps in the front.

3 - Rear fog lamps. They will only turn on if the front fog lights are on or dipped/full beams are on. They won't work with just sidelights on when front fog lights are off.

4 - ASR shouldnt be turned off. Unless you are using chains on your wheels. In that case slipping helps to get traction.

5 - Airconditioning compressor. When you turn this off airconditioning cant go automatic.

6 - Dual climate control in mono it meens you can adjust the heat in each side of the compartment seperatly.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Just guessing here, but...

1) Mirror adjustment?
2) -
3) REAR fog lamps?
4) Turns off the traction control
5) Air conditioning/climate control compressor
6) Sets the climate control to both sides the same. (as opposed to passenger being able to adjust temperature differently from driver)

* Ah. Beat me to it. I was just looking for the linky :thumbs:

·
Registered
262 Posts
1 - I can turn it in 3 possitions, nothig is writen on it.=mirror adjustment(doors)
2 - Fog-lamps, I know that one!
3 - Similar icon as the fog lamp, but I dont see anything change when it is ON.
4 - ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation) OFF? What I use it for? If I want to slide on ice or drift?? :/
5 - Snowflake icon. Dont have a clue what could it be for... maybe mirror heater?=icy road conditions
6 - Not sure if I'm pointing to a right button, but the one I want says "MONO". WTF is MONO?! =dual climate control in mono it meens you can adjust the heat in each side of the compartment seperatly
steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
English manual: Owner Handbook Alfa 116 - 156 English

No Serbian one available for the 156.
I found this but it has everything other explained except the thing I need. Thanx for the link though... :D

@Ronald:
1 - Mirror adjustment? Damn... will check that out. Never thought of that.
3 - I guess my rear fog lamps are not working... are they supposed to be the little red strips on the bumper? Theyre not glowing when that button is on...
5 - F. if I know... if it is on or off it is still heating...
6 - Nope. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - mirror adjustment(doors)
5 - icy road conditions
6 - dual climate control in mono it meens you can adjust the heat in each side of the compartment seperatly
steve
Makes sense for 3 position-button-like-thingy... MONO and Snowflake are solved!

How do I use ASR OFF?

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
...3 - I guess my rear fog lamps are not working... are they supposed to be the little red strips on the bumper? Theyre not glowing when that button is on...
No, those are reflectors!
The rear fogs are in the inner most part of the light units on the bootlid.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
6 - Not sure if I'm pointing to a right button, but the one I want says "MONO". WTF is MONO?! =dual climate control in mono it meens you can adjust the heat in each side of the compartment seperatly
steve
MONO means that both sides are linked to common settings...

Makes sense for 3 position-button-like-thingy... MONO and Snowflake are solved!

How do I use ASR OFF?
Traction control OFF (light should come on) is sometimes better in slippery conditions.

The rear fog lights are part of the taillight cluster (I think the fog lamps are in the boot lid section). If the switch is active, the symbol in the rev counter should illuminate.

Remember, the front/rear fog lights are only active when the headlamps are on.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
... and again, David beat me to it! :lol:

L

·
0 Posts
the rear fogs will only turn on if the front fogs are on or dipped/full beams are on. they won't work with just sidelights on when front fogs are off

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
the rear fogs will only turn on if the front fogs are on or dipped/full beams are on. they won't work with just sidelights on when front fogs are off
True. I was assuming dipped/main lights as being on, that's what I meant by headlamps. I stand clarified. :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts