Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to evrybody...yesturday my alfa 156 1.8, in the middle of driving..start flashing injection warning light..and the car start to:stop..go ..stop ...go...,i turn the engine off...and after 5 min. i start it again and there was everithing ok...until today...it start again to flash..and the same problem countinue....on the petrol station told me that the petrol is not so clean so they suggest me to put some bottle of "cleaning injection" like 1 bottle on 25 litres of petrol..i did that but the problem is stil the same.......does enyone had this problem with dirty petrol????Can anyone help me????? please...???

(sorry for my bad english)

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Hi,

The injector light means that one of the sensors on the engine is faulty. To find out which it is, you will need to attach diagnostics equipment to the engine.

I've not heard of the injector light flashing before though...it may be a loose connection somewhere(?).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Not sure about the CF2's but my CF3 (with engine light rather than injector) flashes when I get the occasional misfire (I have hooked up alfadiag and it reports them as misfires). The symptoms sound very similar to this, although I don't get a stuttering I do get a loss of power, the engine mgmt light flashes then it clears and all is good.

If it is a misfire you want to check for oil / water in plug holes. Then change the plugs and then try the coil packs but I suggest hooking it up to examiner / alfadiag to find exact problem first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for ur advice....anyway i'll go go alfadiag to see wat's going on....so later i'll write if i solve (or not)the problem...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
When the light remains on steady, it signifies a fault with the management system. Under EC directive this shows the engine may be 'polluting' more than it should. If the lamp flashes, the fault is affecting emissions more, signifying it is 'grossly polluting'. The flashing lamp is more likely to draw your attention to act sooner. It doesn't mean it will be more expensive, just that the system is more out of 'shape'. Blame EOBD for this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi i'm back from the service...and my stepper motor BOSH...do the all thing...i should find new stepper motor and change it....

do u have any suggestions where i can order it and how much it will cost?..e.t.c

(i'm from Macedonia so...maybe the delivery will be problem)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts