Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a front bumper for my 156 with headlamp washers, connected the jet pipes to the washer tank motor inside the wing, as the car originally had the 5L washer fluid tank with two motor pumps, tested both motors with the windscreen washer connector as the headlamp washer motor pump connector isn't working as this was disconnected and tucked down inside the wing, the owners manual says the headlamp washers only operate when sidelights are on and windscreen washer is activated, no luck... So I put a DVM (digital volt meter) across the positive and negative terminals on the headlamp washer motor pump connector, and it is constantly sort circuited, so, I too, the spade connectors out of the plastic holder and still shorted together.

Am I missing something obvious like a fuse somewhere? I checked all fuses and all good, but now I'm a bit stumped!

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that too, tried that, no luck, I don't know how to get around the short circuit across the positive and negative power connector to the headlamp washer motor pump :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts