Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Vendor
45,953 Posts
Maser what are you replacing the bushes with? Some of them are GTA specific (harder than non-GTA). Most of the aftermarket options here are horrible and far too soft, softer even than the non-GTA original Alfa stuff, so I would advise genuine Alfa only, or Powerflex if you want it more direct feeling and don't mind a bit of extra NVH.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have been looking at powerflex. Quite a palava getting the full set in one go. Will be trying to see the difference between Alfa OEM and powerflex , Rowan did you go for Alfa genuine parts?

·
Vendor
45,953 Posts
I've got a set of 4 used transverse arms which have been Powerflexed already if its something you might be interested in, but I'd generally advise OEM GTA stuff unless its a track car.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Many thanks for your advice. I don't want it to be too hard going forward. It was fine for what I had used it for but now it is hardly used and a softer ride is preferred.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Yes, I got the full set from Pud in one of his group buys. Then I took it to a friends garage in Gloucester during lockdown to do it on his ramp, with his induction heating thing, which was superb.

·
Vendor
45,953 Posts
Yes, I got the full set from Pud in one of his group buys. Then I took it to a friends garage in Gloucester during lockdown to do it on his ramp, with his induction heating thing, which was superb.
That reminds me I think I still have a set of genuine Alfa GTA spec transverse arms.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I am interested in a complete set , I have found some trailing arm bushes on Alfisti's site and also interested in some new backing plate shields they have, the only other item I need are a set of four bolts to hols the caliper on as the ones removed were so rusty they rounded (I had to cut two of them off). Plus two ABS sensors - jammed/rusted in place. Really not a pleasant sight .

·
Vendor
45,953 Posts
I've got ABS sensors in stock, genuine Bosch, can probably find some good used caliper bolts (caliper to carrier, or do you mean carrier to hub?) I have a pair of used brake disc shields which are rusty but useable, an acid bath or shot blast before powder-coating would be ideal. But if Alfisti still have new ones available, those would be better. But repaint them with something better than the Alfa paint before fitting. Last time I checked these were on backorder with no ETA, but if they've become available again thats good news.

Give me a call when you can if you'd like to order any of these bits: 01768 879171

61 - 68 of 68 Posts