Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys after a recent front end smash in my 156 i decieded that its a good time to undergo a facelift covversion i have aquired a front bumper and bonnet plus the 2 headlights just wonder if anyone here has done this before and whether the front wings need changing as then dont seem to look any different please helpppppppppp:confused:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Apparently you need new headlights, wings, bonnet, bumper (and the grills and foglights etc.) but the original front panel can be used :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Slam panel needs changing as far as i remember. Someone else wanted to do it but couldn't find a cheap enough bonnet nearby.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
All you need is the wings and slam panel. Go for it. Your nearly there. The slam panel is the bit of metal when you open the bonnet directly in front of you. With your chassis number on it.
You need this because the headlights are different and the bolt to this. The whole job is bolt on so is not actualy that bad even though it looks a mission. Your most important tool is a T30 torx socket bit. And a small rachet. Try gaybay for the wings and slam panel or eb spares or somewhere like that. Go for it mate your so nearly there. :)

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
hi guys after a recent front end smash in my 156 i decieded that its a good time to undergo a facelift covversion i have aquired a front bumper and bonnet plus the 2 headlights just wonder if anyone here has done this before and whether the front wings need changing as then dont seem to look any different please helpppppppppp:confused:
I have the same parts as you so far, the bonnet was a wounding £300 from an alfa dealer.

Apparently you dont need the slam panel as its exactly the same.

I just need the wings and the inserts for the fog lights (cant find them anywhere) maybe another trip to the dealer.

Currently fitting Valeo projection lenses and a HID kit to my new £180 headlights (not paying £600 for alfa ones!!). I'll post up pics soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers guys that most denfiantly clears it all up so know all i need are the wings and slam panel so nearly there will look around or if you now anyone who has them give me a shout
thanks

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
cheers guys that most denfiantly clears it all up so know all i need are the wings and slam panel so nearly there will look around or if you now anyone who has them give me a shout
thanks
Good luck with the conversion, if you decide not to go ahead with it drop me a pm because I'll take the bits off you (as many as funds allow anyway) :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
thanks
yep let us know how you get on,

and if you find new facelift wings cheap let me know :thumbs:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts