Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the outer door handle on the drivers door easy to replace, as mine is playing up the button keeps sticking in have tried lubricating with both WD-40 and Silicone Spray to no avail, it looks as though it's rubbing on the sides as there are scratch marks on the side

·
Registered
30,252 Posts
Poke something thin & flexible through the gap while spraying with lube and it will washout the dirt causing it to stick.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, shall try that, although it's just decided to pee it down now so might have to wait a while

G

·
I've tried WD40 and silicone spray. I've just had a go with Mr Sheen which has a bit more body to it. We shall see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used 3in1 and worked the button in and out for a bit. Fixed the sticking but every time it rained I got a lovely mess down the side of the door it did stop after a while and the button still worked so I felt it was worth the mess for a while.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same problem here. tried wd-40 but thinking trying pencil lead around side as thats what i do with sticky keys, lubs it without the mess. Will post back later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts