Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm a brand new member to this forum, after watching it for a few days before I got my car. This is only my second car, and I just had to make it an Alfa, however, due to the price I got it for, its come with very little.

Cutting to the chase, I've got a warning light, probably something all cars have but I don't know what it means. Its at the top of the rev counter, and to sound very untechnical, it looks a bit like a fuel pump handle squirting liquid. Its red. It comes on for long periods sometimes and short periods other time, and sometimes on and off. What does it mean! :confused:

Todd.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same problem here and when the light comes on something kicks on in the engine (could be the fan) but not sure...the light goes off after a few seconds and may come on again after 30 seconds or so. It never lasts very long. Any idea?

·
Registered
90 Posts
It sounds like you are describing the low engine oil pressure warning light, which isn't good news. At the very least check the oil level in your engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From other posts, it seems that it is the "injections system malfunction light". It usually happens in the morning after cold starts...usually about 10-15 minutes into the drive. Funny thing, it doesn't happen on my way back home from work, which is like 10-12 hours later.

Now that temperature drops here in Dubai (around 20°C in the morning), my car seems stutters in the morning as if there is not enough fuel getting to the engine...this only lasts for the first 1 km or so. This is funny because my fuel pump was exchanged by the local Alfa dealer 3 months ago. I have a feeling it is temperature related, my car seemed to be much better off in the morning when the temperature was around 30°C.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
is it a RED 'injector' shaped light?
if yes then that the Engine Management Light telling you that you have an error on the ecu .... it DOES NOT necessaryly mean you have a faulty injector

could be MAF, Lamba, spark plugs + 100 more things..... you need ot get the car diagnosted before spending cash on parts for your car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, it is the red injector light. Right next to the 8000 rpm. I have got an 2000 2.5 V6 Alfa with 131 000 KM. It is starting to give me lots of headache, although I really enjoy driving the car. Unfortunately, cars behave a bit different down here than in Europe. Anybody with half a brain is driving a japanese down here, cheap, reliable and the best a/cs. I wish I wouldn't dislike japanese cars so much :p

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
if you have a laptop you can buy a usb or serial KKL interface form ebay to work with your laptop

then you can buy software from AlfaDiag Alfa Romeo Diagnostic Software or free doanload of Unidiag form the unidiag yahoo group

·
Registered
19 Posts
seems like, it was only a hose below the radiotor leaking...hmm let's see if that was really it !!!

in the meantime, had to get my starter replaced, tensioner and bearings...expensive trip to the mechanic once again...

V

·
0 Posts
ive had this problem before and just thought there might be some crap in the sytem so used redex to flush it out and now run my car on shell v power and it dosn't do it now

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm a brand new member to this forum, after watching it for a few days before I got my car. This is only my second car, and I just had to make it an Alfa, however, due to the price I got it for, its come with very little.

Cutting to the chase, I've got a warning light, probably something all cars have but I don't know what it means. Its at the top of the rev counter, and to sound very untechnical, it looks a bit like a fuel pump handle squirting liquid. Its red. It comes on for long periods sometimes and short periods other time, and sometimes on and off. What does it mean! :confused:

Todd.
Is the car misbehaving in any way? Do you feel a loss in power?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The user manual describes this as an "injection system malfunction" warning light, but in fact it can indicate many different faults, so you need to go to a dealer for a diagnostic code download. On my car it turned out to be a faulty thermostat!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Is the car misbehaving in any way? Do you feel a loss in power?

:cheese: originally posted OCT '08 :cheese:

hey man look at the date before trolling :eek:

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Where can i download a copy of the user manual for an alfa Romero 156 2001
Unless someone has or is willing to scan it in ... you can't I'm afraid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts