Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

Recently I replaced the front brake pads on my 156 (2.0TS, Y plate, 2001). Unfortunately, on the front offside caliper, I stripped the threads when tightening the screws which hold the caliper onto the mounting bracket. These are the ones you need a 7mm hex key for. I had only begun tightening them and hadn't yet torqued them up to their final value (52Nm I think).

The car is with an Alfa dealer who has told me that the part is "suspended", there are no parts in the UK, or even in Italy and no info as to when they will arrive. Their gut feeling is 3-4 weeks, during which the car is obviously not driveable. I feel pretty let down by the dealer since one of the reasons you use them is because of their quick access to parts.

Does anyone have any idea where I could get a front offside brake caliper mounting bracket please? I have tried brakeparts.co.uk with no success. Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Breakers ... AlfaCity or 247spares is a good start

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I have managed to get hold of a spare from Geordie Cabbie. It arrived yesterday and was a bargain so thanks very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts