Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new round here and am in the process of selling my 1997 E39 528i to buy a 156 (prob a V6). Now this might seem like a silly question but although I have looked at a few I have not got to measure the boot. I have a new baby boy and its important that the buggy fits in the boot!! Now none of the ones I have seen seem have a folding rear seat which is the only disapointment (do any?) so I need to know the width of the boot opening (narrowest point) and the depth, width, height of the boot once inside- minus wheelarch intrusion.

Also any years or versions best avoided? I want a x reg or older (not paying £405 road tax!!!) and a manual (so no need to worry about selespeed!).

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The seats on the saloon are not folding. None of them are as far as i'm aware. just have the ski hatch. V6 is the option you want or diesel as they are more reliable. You could join the sportwagon fraternity as they do have folding seats (60/40) split. C'mon, join us!!!!! lol

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Im new round here and am in the process of selling my 1997 E39 528i to buy a 156 (prob a V6). Now this might seem like a silly question but although I have looked at a few I have not got to measure the boot. I have a new baby boy and its important that the buggy fits in the boot!! Now none of the ones I have seen seem have a folding rear seat which is the only disapointment (do any?) so I need to know the width of the boot opening (narrowest point) and the depth, width, height of the boot once inside- minus wheelarch intrusion.

Also any years or versions best avoided? I want a x reg or older (not paying £405 road tax!!!) and a manual (so no need to worry about selespeed!).

Thanks in advance.
We have no problem getting a icandy cherry pram and a "lose your fingers" maclaren stroller in my 156 saloon at the same time, not much room for anything else after. if that remotely puts things in perspective.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No offence lads but I dont feel Im quite old enough for a 'wagon. Its an estate car no matter which way you look at it!!! Ive go no golf clubs, mobility scooter or spare "driving shoes" to put in it!. Never say "never" though as they are def one of the better looking estates and I might be swayed if one comes along at right spec and price (if I can ever sell my BMW on Feebay that is!!!)

D

·
0 Posts
No offence lads but I dont feel Im quite old enough for a 'wagon. Its an estate car no matter which way you look at it!!! Ive go no golf clubs, mobility scooter or spare "driving shoes" to put in it!. Never say "never" though as they are def one of the better looking estates and I might be swayed if one comes along at right spec and price (if I can ever sell my BMW on Feebay that is!!!)
:cheese:

Christ I'm 36 and would love a Sportwagon. No golf clubs neither (a Specialized racing bike though).

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies and im now seriously looking at a wagon as well but no one has suppied boot and boot opening dimensions of the saloon.Any chance someone could run a tape around their saloon boot. Cheers.

E

·
0 Posts
Next time u see 1 in a car park wait for the owner to come back and measure it.We're a nice bunch of people and wont bite ur head off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts