Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys..i need help cause i am a little bit confused! i want to connect my phone with 3.5mm aux cable to the factory audio unit. From my recent seach i found that there are 2 kind of aux cables, one with blue plug and one with yellow.. whats the difference and what i need? I have an alfa romeo 156 2005 model and my audio unit is this https://img1.jpegbay.com/gallery/002571576/1_f.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can't connect an Aux cable directly to the stereo (if that is what you are trying to do). You need a USB/Aux box, like the one in the attached picture.
I have that same unit fitted to my 156 with the same stereo you have. You simply plug it to the connector where the CD changer would go. The box works by emulating a CD changer so if you use a USB stick, there are some limitations: you can have only 6 folders with up to 99 songs on each folder.
It's plug and play unit, very easy to fit.
When I fitted mine, I routed the cable to the coin tray which is located to the right of the steering wheel. This, in my opinion, is the best location for the box: it's out of the way but easy to reach.
I had to drill a hole to the back of the tray with a dremmel and the cable was a bit fiddly to route as there are lots of things in the way but it's well worth it. I tend to use my phone (via the aux cable) more often rather than a memory stick due to the file and folder limitations I mentioned.
Regarding what Aux cable should you get, any 3.5 mm will do. The Connect2 unit includes one aux cable but it was too short so I bought a different one.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but how is this possible? i found many videos like this that they connect only an aux cable behind the audio source
. Secondly if a put an after market audio source kenwood or sony or whatever else so i need to put the yellow or the blue 3.5mm cable for steering controls?

·
Registered
144 Posts
What you could actually do is find an mp3 stereo from a later Fiat Ducato van. They have the aux in but are black in colour. You would need to swap the fascia for your silver one and it should work just fine, albeit two buttons will be labelled differently (AF-TA and PAUSE are CD and MUTE).

You would need to ensure CANCHECK was disabled, but it's the most "factory" solution you'll ever get.

The CD button would actually select AUX in. I did a similar thing with my 147 (GT stereo), but changed the dash fascia to match the stereo instead.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes but as shown in the video he just used the blue aux cable and everything is done...i want the cable solution which is cheap until i have the money to put an after market audio source

1 - 9 of 9 Posts