Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post here being a long time 156 owner, the car i have was bought new in 2000 and still going strong. My MOT is due and i have the orange engine fault light on which i think is a MOT fail?. I have the use of a plug in tester but when looking under the dash by the fuse box cannot see where it plugs in, any ideas?, am I looking in the right place.
Thank you for reading this, john

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. No you will need to remove the fuse box cover to see the connector
http://iobd2.us/en/images/aracresim/ALFA_ROMEO/2.jpg
Thank you. The fuse box cover 'fell off!' some time ago I did have a good look while it was light but could not see the connector. In you picture it looks like it's above the fuse box?. There is something that looks like a connector do you push a pair of plastic clips to drop it down for use?.
Thanks John.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi sorry but can't see how to start a new thred!. Today my 156 2.5 v6 was loosing water after investigation i found a hole in the hose, this funny shape hose goes from the top up filler to the engine and the bottom of the radiator. Where can i get a new one quickly and at reasonable cost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depending where you are in the world, you can try EB Spares in the UK, they have the bottom hose on their webiste for 38 pounds + Vat and shipping. It seems a reasonable price for a hose with more than 2 ends.

https://www.ebspares.co.uk/alfa156/cooling_alfa156.cfm

You could try local places to you, or the dealer. Remember that the 2.5 V6 hose is different to the 3.2 V6 bottom hose.
Hi just received my new hose. The bottom plastic fitting on the new hose refuses to go on!, I think it may be slightly different, my plan is to use a 90 deg rubber hose elbow and join the two together. Can anyone tell me what size of hose fits the bottom radiator outlet?.
Thanks John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts