Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every body bit new to these forums but am in urgent need of help with my 52 2.4 jtd 156 i've spent days looking through the site and cant find what i'm after i have failure no connection, asr, abs, park brake light, and traction control light all on. I have checked the fuse which solves most problems and changed battrey but nothing, there is a plug i found which doesn't seem to be connected to anything which is located by on the back side of engine it's a 3 plug with a yelow/black, red/white and a black could this be anything to do with it or is it just there for the hell of it:confused: i have just had to change the master cylinder and servo due to the car decideing it would be great fun to slowly bring the brakes on as you drive along this is now sorted but still have these lights lit up like it's xmas(perfect timing:lol:) any help or links would be great as i love the car and dont want to give up on her just yet cheers mart:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Can you post up a picture of the disconnected cable?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll have ago tomorrow not sure how to post pics, the plug comes off the harness next to the diesel filter about 12"ish of cable to the plug cheers for the quick response matey!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there's 2 seperate plugs going to the filter houseing cant see anyehere this would go to on the filter i'll try to add a pic this afternoon thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my god this week couldn't get any worse just been fiddleing with the gear selectors on top of the gearbox as had sticky gear leaver and i noticed the relays in front of the battery looked a bit coroded so took them out and give them all a clean up now the dam car wont start and i've got management and keycode light on is this the end of my beast?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whoop! whoop! cheers fishy-steve just been to re check relays and one of the cables going to the plug had snapped! put new peice in and started first turn all i need to do now is find out why i got all these dam lights on.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
whoop! whoop! cheers fishy-steve just been to re check relays and one of the cables going to the plug had snapped! put new peice in and started first turn all i need to do now is find out why i got all these dam lights on.

As you've had your battery disconnected (non intentionally) your ECU is probably just a bit confused ... give it a few for restarts and I'm sure it will sort itself out :thumbs:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i hope so mate but the ars(button), abs, hand brake light and failure no connection message have been all lit up for 2 weeks now it did have a flat battery before they lit up but that has been changed now so not looking good for resetin it's self. just like to say thanks to everybody who's replied on this top forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i've just been thinking about that fuse that usually brings the failure no connection fault up, does anyone on here know where the cable goes to when it goes through the bulk head i've tested it at the engine side of bulk head and there's power there, thought if i could find where it ends up i can test for power to rule out broken wire etc, i'm just clutchin at straws now to be honest any help would be much appreciated, cheers mart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts