Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my alfa has a lag on power what could it be ???

It has had the air mass controller changed, the temperature reader on the thermostat housing (dunno why but he did it anyway) and the lamba sensors on the exhaust.

If u leave it idoling for about 30 seconds it starts to chug but as soon as u rev it, it revs up but with a power loss

any help appreciated if the above makes sense

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Who is diagnosing this?
Ideally you need the error codes reading instead of someone guessing...

Where in lancashire are you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in skelmersdale and I dont know if it is a bosch as it was already fitted when i got the car a fortnight ago but i will have a look and get back

cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have looked at the MAF and I dont think it is a BOSCH as I cannot see it written on it so maybe I will have to try and get one

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Try unplugging it first and taking the car for a run. It won't idle properly and the engine management light will come on, but if you can rev it through the range, then you've diagnosed a duff maf. Plug it back in and the EML will go out.

Try rgwm on here for spares up your way. He breaks Alfa's and he might have one that works better then yours for a while until you can track down a new one (I know how [email protected] it is to get a problem just before Xmas .. that's when our Cambelt went in 2002! That's one December I won't forget ... nor the January when I had to pay for it! :cry: )

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive now put a BOSCH MAF sensor on and it feels a lot better !! but it feels like its holding back on acceleration, I have spoken to the previous owner and he informed me it had a K&N air filter on it before he sold it to me will this have an impact on my problem or do I need a re map ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 18 months ago with a small problem
engine worked excitedly, but it was such a powerful beast:wow::thumbs:
the small problem was the camshaft timing
I did not have the tools, so I brought it to an authorized service and the problem was solved but the power dropped by 20%.:mad:
after a while the symptoms of faulty variator, and dissolved catalyst that had to remove, and meanwhile the power fell further.
I bought the tool for camshaft and variator repair kiт,and fixed the variator, but the power returned about 10% and now those 155 horsepower looks like 99:rant:
Please I need advice
I made a mistake remove the catalyst, or?:confused:
By the way fuel consumption is 12/13 l per 100 km
sorry for the language
I hope you understand me

·
Registered
4 Posts
fall acceleration

think so, the engine purring like a kitten.:thumbs:
max speed 190 kmh:(
but the acceleration is a disaster:cry:
even standing takes more than 3 seconds to reach 6k rpm, while the 2k rpm shaking a little strange and stifled
I think the sensor in the exhaust causing problems
Does anyone know what parameters should be measured with the Multimeter
weak mixture / rich mixture
compared to mine and check it by measuring the emission of CO2
or disconnecting the sensor and try to ride and to compare the difference.:confused:

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
think so, the engine purring like a kitten.:thumbs:
max speed 190 kmh:(
but the acceleration is a disaster:cry:
even standing takes more than 3 seconds to reach 6k rpm, while the 2k rpm shaking a little strange and stifled
I think the sensor in the exhaust causing problems
Does anyone know what parameters should be measured with the Multimeter
weak mixture / rich mixture
compared to mine and check it by measuring the emission of CO2
or disconnecting the sensor and try to ride and to compare the difference.:confused:
you need ecu codes read first .......dont add problems before you fix it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts