Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can anyone please explain what for are tubes marked red and yellow on attached picture?
I also dont know why in this engine breather hose goes to intake and into manifold? It kinda sucks air skipping throttle mostly on cold engine. Red tube does the same air sucking in my opinion with exception for yellow tube that I dont know what is for.

Greetings

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there,
i own myself an JTS selespeed from 2003.
The orange take air when throtle is closed and the green when throtle is open, there is an walve on the end of the orange.
The red should go to your brakes vacuum.
The yellow i dont know.
If you have a problem, the valve could be stuck or not working properly.
On this forum you should find a thread about changing that valve.
I have an idea about installing an oil catch tank, but not worked it out yet.
But what do you mean with new intake?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isnt the idea of breather(orange and green) to push external pressure from engine? Idea of my new intake is to disconnect breather(orange and green) out of intake because engine gets from there lots of hot air and oil mist. Info about brakes vacuum helps a lot but how exactly does it work if i blind red tube on the side of intake not manifold? I tested it and it worked really well but how it affects brakes and engine?

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
When my valve failed in orange hose the idle was affected and the throttle was a nightmare with the car stalling and hard to control. Orange and green are also part of the emissions system so depending where you are you may fail the equivalent of the UK's MOT.

Can't tell you on the yellow as a TS doesn't have that one and I'd seriously reconsider anything involving the servo vacuum hose (again can't actually tell what this is on the JTS as it's not there on a TS).

If you are getting a lot of oil from the crankcase breathers you have other problems .. ie engine wear ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't need to wory about emissions from breather only especially in Poland... Car is post engine overhaul so oil consumption is not my concern. I just want to disconnect breather from intake and put it into oil catch tank. Brake vacuum sucking tube stays connected(It has to) but there is in my opinion second end of this tube to balance pressure in intake and my question is can I seal this end? I did it for test and engine runs great no problems at all but what disadvantages can it provide in a longer period of time?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, can you show us the new air intake?

If that hose is connected together, then it has the same function, vacuum when throttle is closed and when open.
And what kind of oil catch can do you want to use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts