Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

There seems to be quite a difference in price for the genuine rocker cover gasket.

There are certain items I wouldn't get anything but genuine parts (eg cam belt kit!) but is there really a significant difference in the aftermarket / genuine rocker cover gasket!?

Opinions gratefully received!

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no pressure in the rocker cover - any seal will work fine as long as it does not sweat oil... The trick is to add a bit of RTV (silicone sealant) in the corners where the cam pulley are... They tend to sweat there:

IMG_4325.jpg Photo by Blizz_4Runner | Photobucket
Left hand side looking at the engine from front
OK - so you think an aftermarket gasket will work fine?

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Get mine from AlfaShop .. they use them in their workshop too

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Alfa don't make rocker cover gaskets or cam belt kits come to that - they use third party suppliers then put them in their own box and add 50% to the price. Find out who the OEM supplier is and save a bundle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Alfa don't make rocker cover gaskets or cam belt kits come to that - they use third party suppliers then put them in their own box and add 50% to the price. Find out who the OEM supplier is and save a bundle.
Excellent advice RH but there will always be those who think the pretty box makes a difference.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Might be on the old seal ... but to be honest I wouldn't be too bothered. If bought from a reputable supplier, they should be OK in terms of quality ..

So fleabay? Dubious .. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got one for £12.43 off Alfashop inc postage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts