Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago my wife phoned me to tell me that the Alfa wouldn't start. She had pulled up at school to pick up our daughter, switched engine off for 5 mins. and then tried to start it. Although engine turned over it didn't fire up. After waiting 10 - 15 minutes it then miraculously started.
All was fine for the next 3 weeks until last Sunday when queued at Macdonalds in neutral it conked out again and wouldn't re-start - the engine turned over but again would not fire up. Pushed the car to a car park, waited 15 minutes and car starts again - fine. No problems until today (Wednesday) - on my way home going round a roundabout the engine just cuts out again no warning, no spluttering. Again the engine turned over but wouldn't fire up. I waited 10 - 15 minutes and Hey Presto it started again. Oh yes, it has a full tank of petrol.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? - I would be most grateful for some advice. I suspect it may be an electrical fault but I am no expert.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
yep, crank sensor.

you need a new one.
Very common problem.

H

·
0 Posts
I had this problem, It sounds like the Crankshaft Positional Sensor, Not to expensive to sort out!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts