Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ive got a 155 wide body 1.8 8v with all the kit on it,love it but thinking of changing it for a 2.5 V6, is this a good move ?

W

·
0 Posts
Yes! I did the same and have never regretted it...so long as you can put up with about 5miles less from each gallon, a small price to pay for one of the world's finest (if not THE finest) V6 engines!

...and welcome :D

wrinx

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome Mick.....1.8 to 2.5.....of course it's a good move! The power, the sound, the envious looks from other 1.8ers like me... ;)
Just brace yourself for the extra costs, fuel especially!! :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Welcome, Mick. :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Welcome and stick around. lots of helpful advice from peeps on here.

yes, go for the V6 - georgeous & the extra fuel cost? worth it for the speed/feel/and amazing engine :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi debs, I'm not bothered about the fuel bill, just reliability. The 1.8 i've got hasn't missed a beat for the last year & a half so i'm stuck on what to do, hence everyone's view....

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
mickpost said:
cheers mate, Thanks for the advice :D may just have to run one of each then !
Welcome, Mick!

I've considered a 155 V6 myself, but only when I can have one for fun - not for reliability, more so I can lavish more time on it!

I'm hoping to fix up my old Uno (I know! :rolleyes: ) for the work run etc. so then I might get rid of the 146 and get something a bit more fun.

The other possibility is a 75, more of an Alfa perhaps, but the 155 has grown on me.

Buck

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
mickpost said:
Hi debs, I'm not bothered about the fuel bill, just reliability. The 1.8 i've got hasn't missed a beat for the last year & a half so i'm stuck on what to do, hence everyone's view....
Yeah the 8Vs just dont miss beats, But the V6 can be just as reliable - Even if it does break you will forgive it many times over just for the noise :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts