Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a AR 1.8 8v Sport.
Have had this car for a year now, and this summer im going to refurbish it a bit :)
I want to change the dampers and the springs, new and bigger wheels. (maybe 17")
Change all brake disks and pads and some other small stuff.

Anyone got any idea where i can find the original springs that were on the Sport model of the 155? I think they are about 20mm lowered from standard.

I have googled my ass off to try and find them but no luck.

As an alternative i have been looking at the Eibach springs with bilstein B6 dampers.
They are 30\35mm, but i think they will be to much for these crappy roads i have to endure :(
Sugestions?

·
Registered
10,616 Posts
Hi, i have a AR 1.8 8v Sport.
Have had this car for a year now, and this summer im going to refurbish it a bit :)
I want to change the dampers and the springs, new and bigger wheels. (maybe 17")
Change all brake disks and pads and some other small stuff.

Anyone got any idea where i can find the original springs that were on the Sport model of the 155? I think they are about 20mm lowered from standard.

I have googled my ass off to try and find them but no luck.

As an alternative i have been looking at the Eibach springs with bilstein B6 dampers.
They are 30\35mm, but i think they will be to much for these crappy roads i have to endure :(
Sugestions?

Very nice car, have you joined alfa 155 alfa155 knowledgebase for enthusiasts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Afaik there is only two ride heights for standard 155s, standard and super, If you want a subtle difference then Eibachs are the best as they give a good compromiise between handling, looks and comfort. I have these fitted to my 155 with KYB shocks and for general road use they are good but not really good enough for track so i may be going down the coilover route

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aha, what ride height is the super compared to stock?
I looked through my papers that came with the car, and i have some TUV papers from Eibach. So i guess i allready have the 35\30 springs.
The guy that sold me the car said the Sport came with factory lowered suspension..
Thanks for the info.

And yes have created an account on alfa155.org :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thank you guys for clearing this up for me.
Allways thought the super was more sport than the sport :p
But now i get it, it was made for a more luxurious ride. Like more comfort and the wood in the interior.

So if i buy stock springs for sport\normal they will be the "lowered" springs then.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, nobody sells the raised springs in the aftermarket so if you're buying from a shop they'll be lowered.

wrinx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts