Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all newbie here.

Seriously thinking of getting a 147 as my next choice of vehicle.Seems as though there is not much to go wrong providing they have and continue to be looked after...and not too many horor stories.

Am about to go look at one with a view to driving it away on Saturday. Car looks good, is well specced and is a decent price too...Just hope its not too good to be true...

One question though, with a set nav option; was it ever possible to fit a tv tuner to it at all, or was it a factory option?

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
welcome to AO :)

the 147 is a fine car, ca;t help with your query though but someone will know no doubt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. Also would anyone know of someone to carry out a mobile inspection or have a look over a car to see if it is straight.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Also would anyone know of someone to carry out a mobile inspection or have a look over a car to see if it is straight.......
you can book someone to give the car a 166 point check through the AA. cost is £142 and included a £37 vehicle history check. gives you details of previous owners, and any colour changes, accidents etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is booked in for an inspection tomorow - fingers crossed. The HPI report has come back as an all clear, so it could be looking good.

The cambelt, tensioners and waterpump has alledgedly been changed 9 months ago but i am geting panicky and thinking that i may just get it done again to be sure.....

Got that nervous excited feeling of getting a new car again. Have to say a local one i looked at for comparison but has nowere near the spec really impressed me.....that was a 1.6 in red.The one i am hoping pans out is a red 2.0:)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Best of Luck, do make sure the whole cambelt and associated components have been attended to recently, to avoid disappointment. Alfa Red? Nice one.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
If you are getting the 2.0 litre, it has a balancer shaft belt as well, try to find out, accurately when the belts, tensioners, idlers were replaced last. Ask for written evidence of this as proof.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use central alfa romeo service station in tel aviv only. Never have opened the car for nobody others. It's now!!! But!!!... When I've bought my girl-Alfa it was 4 years old after ... horrible common rent use. The price was ~13000$. I've decided to save the life of her. My donation for it was ~7000$. Don't smile... Now she's much better! :)))
(I've got 1.6L)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies....As stated the vendor has claimed the belt, tensioners and water pump was changed approx 9 months ago. I will check out the receipt. However for peace of mind i am thinking i may as well get it done anyway.....

·
Registered
662 Posts
a red 2.0 147 is a damn stylish car dude ;)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanks for the replies....As stated the vendor has claimed the belt, tensioners and water pump was changed approx 9 months ago. I will check out the receipt. However for peace of mind i am thinking i may as well get it done anyway.....
An expensive service.. jsut for the sake of it.

Just take it to an Alfa mechanic and they should be able to tell visually if it has been done.

How many Kms/miles on it?

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Welcome, mate. Hope you get your Alfa asap. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Good luck with your investigations, 147Driver (I like the resolve there :D)
The 147's seems to pop up more and more frequently in used car marts so be very critical when selecting yours. Better to wait a couple more weeks and get what you want, than getting burnt down the line...
Cheers
EB

1 - 20 of 22 Posts