Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just bought a 2003 alfa 147 lusso is it possible to conect my ipod to the stereo and if so how ?

cheers

andy :)

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
There's kits out there to connect the iPod to the standard head unit, it fools the stereo into thinking you have a cd changer attached, failing that you can look at a branded head unit with iPod connection, there's various fitting kits available which let you use the steering wheel controls

·
Registered
60 Posts
There's kits out there to connect the iPod to the standard head unit, it fools the stereo into thinking you have a cd changer attached, failing that you can look at a branded head unit with iPod connection, there's various fitting kits available which let you use the steering wheel controls
the connecting leads that come with the adaptor, do they just plug in to the back of the stereo, then route them to glove box or somewhere?

Can all 147 stereo units take the leads?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
It shouldn't be a problem, as the lead plugs into the cd changer iso plug, think you have to bridge two of the pins on the plug and can be routed to a glovebox or similar, should point out I don't have this, just seen the write ups on it, personally I'd get yourself a compatible headunit, mine works on Bluetooth and has the option to use a cable too

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Administrator
87,032 Posts
It shouldn't be a problem, as the lead plugs into the cd changer iso plug, think you have to bridge two of the pins on the plug and can be routed to a glovebox or similar, should point out I don't have this, just seen the write ups on it, personally I'd get yourself a compatible headunit, mine works on Bluetooth and has the option to use a cable too

That option usually doesn't work on the 147, more info here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/315697-another-147-ipod-cable-question.html

Here is some info on the official Alfa iPod kit http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/150163-alfa-ipod-pack-not-working-please-help.html#post2310519
Be aware that due to Apple changing the configuration the kit won't change some of the newer iPods/iTouchs

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I'm selling a Dension kit that allows you to connect the ipod/iphone and also gives you a usb cable to the glovebox which you can plug a hard drive into. :)

Reason I'm selling is I bought a new car that already had one fitted!

·
Registered
60 Posts
can you still use the headunit cd player for cds even though the ipod kit kids it in to thinking there is a cd multichanger?

·
Administrator
87,032 Posts
Yes with the Alfa kit, I presume the same applies to all the other kits. You are just selecting a different Source.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts