Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys hope yous can help me out i own an alfa 147 1.6 tspark 2002, i drive to my college everyday its 44 miles so i do around trip of 88 miles or so. lately my car has been drinking up petrol like its water i used to use about 12 litres or so getting to and back from college but lately id be luck to use a minimum of 16-17 or so.
i got it serviced 3months ago its on 37000 miles or so now.
i havent changed my driving style or anything tyres the usual are all ok even just normal driving around is drinking it rite up

any theories

cheers guys in advance

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Does the coolant temp get up to 80° quickly after startup? If not and it stays around 50-60° then your thermostat is likely jammed open and needs replacing. If your engine's running cold the ecu will feed it more fuel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no the temp is grand got had a look at the air filter too everything seems to be ok, i dont know whats going on cheers for reply tho guys..

·
Registered
299 Posts
use redex your injectors may be a little clogged. fill your tank and add it then and then go on a long drive for example to college should give you better fuel consumption and better responsiveness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts