Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, previous owner broke the barrier inside driver's door while replacing the window guide, i have bought a new one from the alfa service. The barrier came with some kind of yellow adhesive on it and it's pretty tough, it can't be squished and won't stick. Does somebody knows if it has to be heated or has gone bad ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is this a thin foam sheet that covers the whole door? When I access door components in my 156 I typically use some contact adhesive to stick the barrier back onto the door. Apply a little on both surfaces along the original adhesive line, wait 5 minutes for solvent to evaporate and glue to become tacky then I press together and it's all back together again.

You adhesive may have gone bad, especially if it is a second hand part. Just glue it with some contact adhesive. It's strong enough, but not so strong that you can't peel it off again carefully.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it is a thin foam sheet, it's brand new from factory with the adhesive already applied to it but it won't stick, maybe because it's too cold. Okay i will try to heat it.

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
probably stupid question, but doesn't the sealer have a backing paper you need to peel off ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it does but sealer under the paper is rock hard and does not stick. I've tried to peel it off a bit and see if it sticks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts