Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My reverse light is not working on a 147 JTD 16v, I've tried the bulb and checked the fuse (I am right in thinking the picture in the manual is upside down).

Still doesn't work.

Any thoughts. Had a hunt around on old threads and it was talking about a switch on the gearbox.

How easy would this be for me, inexperienced, to fix and if a home job how would I get at it and then what would I do?

Cheers for any help

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Hi, where abouts are you?

The job itself is quite simple, the switch is located on top of the gearbox on yours, if you take out the battery then you can see it quite easily, just take the plug off and short the 2 plug terminals, with the battery reconnected and the ignition at MAR this will bring on the reverse light, If it doesn't then there is a wiring problem, if it does work then tight in the switch a little more and reconnect the plug, select reverse and check the light, if it's still not on then replace the switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I'm in London. Didn't get time to look at it yet, will try and do so this week/weekend. And then work out whether I'm competent enough to understand the instructions.

They are much appreciated.

Presumably this involves disconnecting the battery to take it out - do you know whether I'll then have problems with the stereo and code when I reattach. I don't have the code, but the handbook seems to be suggesting I shouldn't get a problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, did you manage to rectify your problem? I am having the same issue, and could not find the reverse light switch. I am also not by any means an expert so any help regards the position would help.
Thanks, Luke Haagensen

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am having the same problem on my GT.... any suggestions?? I have also checked the bulb/fuses etc and there are no problems. My local garage seem stumped too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Repaired problem

We found the switch under the battery. A wire had come loose which we suspect happened when the battery was changed. It was abit of a pain to get the wire back in the connector, but once done worked perfectly. The switch on mine was orange if that helps to locate, good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts