Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you get retractable mirrors for the 147 as i live in an area where drunkards have got a habit of smashing them off . :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
They fold in if you push them ..

I think what "theking" wants is the type that auto-fold electronically ... there I think the answer's no.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
from the front facing the back, just push the mirror towards the rear of the car and it'll fold in :)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Don't think there would be any electonics in it:p Maybe electric motors yes:p:cheese:
that's what i mean yeah.. motors, then some gears I'm guessing to transfer the motor's movement from one direction to another :confused:

my head hurts already :lol: i give up...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:)
thanks for the response sorry computer problems ,what i actually was talking about is i have a problem pushing my mirrors back they look like they fold back but they dont so i began thinking they didnt. they have 3 star screws underneath which on loosening them snapped the head off 1 and spent ages trying to drill it out! do all 147 have these and if so do all fold back has anyone had this problem and resolved it?
when they get ripped off by drunkards do new ones state if they fold back?:confused:

i like the idea of electronic ones that fold into the compartment area but would not like to change the look of my car as i love it !
maybe if i had a ford? :tut:

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
They should fold back but you will find there is some initial resistance to overcome as there is something inside that clicks into place when the mirror folded forward or back to ensure that it doesn't move under wind resistance.

The 3 screws underneath don't go through the bracket into the mirror housing so you shouldn't need to do anything with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts