Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I was wanting to remove the code from the ECU's, have replaced the ecu's with new(second hand) set but had no joy. I have heard you can get the code removed completly so wont have any code coming up on dash and be able to start the car. Just wondering if anyone who knows of a companys that can do this and are successful. Have had a quote from one place of £250 but seems bit steep for all there are doing. Have done the hard job of replacing the engine, or so i though and havent even had it started yet :( Any help would be appricated!!!

D

·
0 Posts
The original engine ecu wasn't with it wen I got it and no chance getting it, was just the block left in engine bay :p have tried new set of ecu's but no luck with that.
The ECU, Body computer and keys are all coded together - did you just get the ecu ?
Alfa Tuner is a good shout tho

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ECU, Body computer and keys are all coded together - did you just get the ecu ?
Alfa Tuner is a good shout tho
Nope I got the hole lot,body nd engine ecu nd keys. Got all plugged in tried it and still same problem, code on dash nd nt starting. Have also tried the Alfa dealers for the code but they were abit useless. Yeah shall give him shout. Wana get rid of code completely as then will be no future problems also I hope ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Nope I got the hole lot,body nd engine ecu nd keys. Got all plugged in tried it and still same problem, code on dash nd nt starting. Have also tried the Alfa dealers for the code but they were abit useless. Yeah shall give him shout. Wana get rid of code completely as then will be no future problems also I hope ;)
When you turn on ignition does the engine management light come on at all ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update on the 147 ECU's, have forund someone local to me that has guaranteed to get it going and remove the code system for £150 :D shall be going up at the weekend :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts