Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the deal with the perforamnce for a 147 2.0, is there anything i can really do to the engine with out spending on a turbo, or a daft little noise box them chav`s have?

·
Registered
37,360 Posts
A remap from somewhere like Red dot or angel tuning should give you a better responding engine, plus around 12bhp

After that, you need to think about fitting a free flowing exhaust, and maybe opting for some fast road cams.

The intake as standard is not too bad and you won't gain very much power from fiddling with it.

If you are going to go down the cams and exhaust route, it will be better to get the car re-mapped afterwards that way the map can be tailored for the modifications.

·
0 Posts
Start with better breathing (zorst & intake) if you have the cash improved cams & consider a re-map
A few will say don't bother, but concentrate on suspension / brakes set-up to improve handling though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i fancy getting it lowerd a bit, but what would be good i dont want it to trail the floor but then i dont want it as high as it is now??

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
depends on what type of performance your after, point to point speed concentrate on brakes and handling.

Brake later, corner faster will always give better every day driving performance gains over just bigger power everyday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahah to be fair mate, i have been stuck with a 1.3 ford kak for 2 years and am going straight to this 2.0 147. am replacing the standard 2002 bumper with a gta replica and i may do the rear bumper, i have looked into chips for the engine but couldnt really find anything....just some advice from pro`s would be of great help :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
ahah to be fair mate, i have been stuck with a 1.3 ford kak for 2 years and am going straight to this 2.0 147. am replacing the standard 2002 bumper with a gta replica and i may do the rear bumper, i have looked into chips for the engine but couldnt really find anything....just some advice from pro`s would be of great help :)
It's a difficult question to answer then, ride and handling is pretty subjective as people like different compromises between comfort and handling.

What is your budget?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
up to £1500 give or take, as long as it handles well and it takes the corners without chucking me out the window that would be great, spot to spot acceleration would be summat i would look into as well.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Speak to Scot aka 'Smallville'
he only has a 1.6 147, he has done his suspension, not sure what else,
it dosnt half give more powerfull cars a run for the money in the twisties,
i believe it is only 105BHP:eek:

N

·
0 Posts
I don't think there is an awful lot you can do to the 2.0 without spending megabucks to make it quicker. Uprate suspension and brakes or save for a GTA :)

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
634 Posts
Hi if your after a remap we can offer a custom remap for your car. We are also a Koni dealer so can help out on that front as well.

We only advise a 20mm drop on the suspension unless you go for a Koni coil over kit. With Koni FSD's anymore of a drop than this can cause the dampers to bottom out damaging the FSD valve on th bottom of the damper rod.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
i would be very interested in remapping my 2003 2.0 Alfa Selespeed... it is pure stock at the moment... can you give me more details? What do I gain... what do I lose? How much does it cost? How is it accomplished? Would adding anything simple to the mix help? Exhaust? Intake? Etc? also do you do shocks? I might want to go a tad lower... but I do not want to make the ride much more bumpy...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts