Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im looking around for some 147 or GT seats in the UK.

I've heard they fit in a mk2b fiat punto and im looking to buy some to swap them out.

Anyone breaking a gt or 147?

Cheers,
Ampersand.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Front seat's will fit and are a direct swap from the 147 and GT.

However the rear's are not a straight swap. They require some fabrication to get the rear into the back of a punto as they have slightly different fitments.

It's been done before though.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Check Ebay.

GT seats are by far the comfiest seats you will find if you like your seats firmer. The 147 are softer but still really nice. Surprisingly the GT seats in cloth are the best (IMO) for comfort.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I didn't think the seats were any different from 147 to GT?

·
Registered
4,926 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Couldn't you get those seats on a 147 though?
I'm sure you can have that style in a 147... Unless someone has tinkered with an original car...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the help everyone.
Will modding the rear brackets something ill be able to do at home?
Or will it require some welding?

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Different I believe. But you can steal the plastic insert where the leather door card bits are I think...

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Oh and the rear seats for the op would need the brackets welding to the car to get the rear seats to fit correctly in a punto.

The 147 is slightly wider than a punto. But its do able. Ive seen it in the flesh.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I will have some 147 3 door front seats for sale soon going cheap I had the rear too was offered here for free but no one wanted them so took to the tip

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hi,
Im looking around for some 147 or GT seats in the UK.

I've heard they fit in a mk2b fiat punto and im looking to buy some to swap them out.

Anyone breaking a gt or 147?

Cheers,
Ampersand.
Sell the punto and buy a whole 147 or GT?!

Reactions: edraven71

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha I would if I could!
Can't afford to insure it though, only turning 18 this year so just looking to bump up those no claims so I can buy an alfa!
Might as well get mine to be as close to one as possible till then eh? Haha

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
It's a good modification.
I thought about doing it. But in the end it was easier to fit it with the HGT sports seats.

Shame it never went like a HGT. Least that you get the 1.8 twin cam engine and it's lighter than the 147. So goes well. You don't get the luxuries and handling of the 147. But straight line and probably round the bends it would keep up with much bigger cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts