Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My 2002 147 1.6 TS is having a couple of niggles namely:

- Strange tin sounded rattling when accelerating in lower gears.
- Whistling (almost fanbelt kind of sound) when starting the car, and when pressing in the clutch. This goes away after the car has warmed up.
- If I slam hard on brakes, I get a rather disturbing grinding noise. (Brakes were replaced about 8 months ago, apds and discs)

Cambelt service was done in February.

I'm located in CT and have tried phoning Auto Azzuri, but can't seem to get a hold of them.

Is there anyone else that comes recomended in CT and would be able to help me out

·
Registered
276 Posts
Giorgio is in Italy at the moment you won't be getting through for the next month. Guys that I know have recommended Dev Cloete in somerset west

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Hi all

My 2002 147 1.6 TS is having a couple of niggles namely:

- Strange tin sounded rattling when accelerating in lower gears.
- Whistling (almost fanbelt kind of sound) when starting the car, and when pressing in the clutch. This goes away after the car has warmed up.
- If I slam hard on brakes, I get a rather disturbing grinding noise. (Brakes were replaced about 8 months ago, apds and discs)

Cambelt service was done in February.

I'm located in CT and have tried phoning Auto Azzuri, but can't seem to get a hold of them.

Is there anyone else that comes recomended in CT and would be able to help me out
Where in CT are you? I have a guy that recently redid my 2.0's motor over. tried sending you a PM but it says you have not elected to receive them so I could not send his number.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Where in CT are you? I have a guy that recently redid my 2.0's motor over. tried sending you a PM but it says you have not elected to receive them so I could not send his number.
He needs more than 10 posts before his PM box will become active

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in the Milnerton area and work in the Southern Suburbs. Would be great if I could get in contact with him.

If you don't want to post the number here, perhaps you could email it to me? My email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in the Milnerton area and work in the Southern Suburbs. It would really helpful to get into contact with him.

If you're not comfortable posting his number here would you mind emailing it to me? My email address is [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts