Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #41
My new knob came in the mail today 馃槒 shorter than my old one but is more round and is easier to handle due to being smaller. I think the girls are going to love my new knob

Attachments

Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
A short small knob.....

Reactions: Bozy09

Registered
Discussion Starter #43
Was that picture taken before you removed the other hex bolt next to it?
So I unbolted the middle seat belt finally and got the rear seats fully upright. The problem is definitely the retractor. When I feed it all the way in it works fine after but when I bolt it back it eventually gets stuck again. Any ideas on how I can pull apart the rear seats and get to the retractor?

Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
I think the seat belt retractor is riveted to the base. You can get to it removing the back cover which has lots of push-fit fasteners which hold it on and some other plastic panels/parts if I remember.
Have you tried spraying any lubricate into the area to see if it free's off?

Premium Member
My bad, I never checked back, did you sort this?

Registered
Discussion Starter #46
I think the seat belt retractor is riveted to the base. You can get to it removing the back cover which has lots of push-fit fasteners which hold it on and some other plastic panels/parts if I remember.
Have you tried spraying any lubricate into the area to see if it free's off?
I'm not sure which base you mean by but I know for certain that the retractor is inside the seat. I took out the push fit fasteners to reveal a metal back plate that has a big bolt which I've taken a picture of previously. That bolt I believe holds the retractor in place but I'm not sure how to take the metal black plate off first.

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
My bad, I never checked back, did you sort this?
Not yet the only thing left is the seat belt. Another thing I've found is that my motor seems to love burning engine oil I've burned 2L in 2000 miles is that normal? 馃槄

Premium Member
Not yet the only thing left is the seat belt. Another thing I've found is that my motor seems to love burning engine oil I've burned 2L in 2000 miles is that normal? 馃槄
Lol. Twin Sparks do consume oil by design, how much is normal? Difficult to say, 2L over 2000 miles doesn't sound horrendous to me. I've borrowed a couple of TS engined cars and they all used oil - You hear great stories of owners taking a long and spirited blast down a motorway and simply dropping a litre in for good measure when they get where they're going :D. Just keep a close eye on it. (y)

Sadly I've never removed the seat belt mechanism so not sure how it comes off :(.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts