Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time has finally come for my little 147 to retire.
Rust has got to it

MOT LIST

nearside rear Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings floor (6.1.B.2)
offside rear Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings floor (6.1.B.2)
Parking brake lever releases when knocked (3.1.6a)
nearside rear Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
offside rear Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
nearside rear Suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
rear Electrical wiring insecure (1.9.2a)

I know once these start going its a bit of a losing battle.
So now looking for a replacement 147 (1.6 / 2.0 preferable)

I'd even consider a diesel.

I'm based in the Midlands.
Regards
scott

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Oh dear :depressed:

The wifes car is in today fir the mot hers has done 177k, ive had alook and needed hand brake cables and tyres that i can see.

But will let you know if it passes, i hope it does i want to get back on to my car i got new stuff and cant wait :biglaugh:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's a shame. When they start to rust its a bit of a losing battle.
Should be able to take the bits I want off it and either sell or transfer.

All is not lost :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
What do you have in mind?
Colour
Year
Mileage
Price
Must have specs etc.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Have you had a quote on the welding, it could be a cheap fix if it only needs a few patches.
Seems a shame to get rid of such a nice looking car when you could possibly get another year out of it and take your time looking for a replacement.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welding is roughly £300.
The other item's I guess I could do. However might be easier quicker and faster to buy another and just transfer the bits over.

Saying that I am using the motorbike currently and its fine but its obviously a bit tedious doing 50 miles a day on in all weathers. I like being a fair weather biker.

So I am not in a rush but obviously would find it better to have a car.

Colour - Not too fussed
Year - Again not fussed
Mileage - Not too worried again along as its looked after. Perfect candiate would be someone getting rid of it because of a cambelt lets say.
Price - Depends on the car. But I'd like to keep it below £1500. Cash.
Must have specs etc. - Prefer 5 door. Rest doesn't matter as I have the bits from my car.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Welding is roughly £300.
The other item's I guess I could do. However might be easier quicker and faster to buy another and just transfer the bits over.

Saying that I am using the motorbike currently and its fine but its obviously a bit tedious doing 50 miles a day on in all weathers. I like being a fair weather biker.

So I am not in a rush but obviously would find it better to have a car.

Colour - Not too fussed
Year - Again not fussed
Mileage - Not too worried again along as its looked after. Perfect candiate would be someone getting rid of it because of a cambelt lets say.
Price - Depends on the car. But I'd like to keep it below £1500. Cash.
Must have specs etc. - Prefer 5 door. Rest doesn't matter as I have the bits from my car.
scotty, i know of a good 2.0 ts in lovely condition , was going to buy it for a friend but she decided not to buy a car in the end but join a car club ...I still have the guys number, would you like me to check with him if its still there and then I can PM his number over?

joe

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Wifes failed as well

But only on headlight alignment and track rod end.

Advisory on some rust and tyres , so not too bad i will get that done tomorrow and then start my car yay:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe send it over. That would be fab.
Good skills mirlock. Half tempted to soend the amount to get it fixed. But I can by a similar car and have my 147 as spares...

the hunt is on...

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's okay I have another car now. But by all means send me through the details.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bodies have no rust. Its the floorpan that needs attention. To be fair though I've done a lot of miles and its a 2001 car...

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Sounds as if you are sorted, but this from AROC forum sounds OK:

147 2.0TS
71,000 miles, bought for my wife a year ago and as a fun second car for me so new brakes, rear track rods, CSC stainless exhaust, battery, tyres, parking sensors. Unmarked metallic red , glass sunroof, black leather , 6 x CD player, original owner's wallet, 2 keys, must be one of the best remaining 2002 models. Wife no longer drives , I have a Q2, so this car for sale £1250 -less than I spent on refurb.

01628 663205 (Slough area ) or email [email protected]

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you. At the moment I've got a little punto hgt i'm running about in. So will call the Alfa's listed. Thank you for your time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts