Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have hunted high and low for a workshop manual as I am trying to replace an injector seal. I have downloaded many a manual, and cliked every link I can find (i can't get elearn to work either) I do not have a dis drive and it wont open in winrar. Does anyone have a manual you could let me have please?
This is my 7th Alfa, I still have a 92 Alfa 2L twin spark veloce in black in a barn, I drove it for 17 years.

Best wishes,

SImon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I have taken off the cover, stripped the fuel pipes, taken off the rail, and ectrics... but snapped a drill bit in the stud holding the fork that keeps the injector in place. I gave up and rebuilt everything now no start? any ideas? There is just a hissing sound coming out of bad seal injector, even worse now I cleaned all the tar away...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
On a PC you can install eLearn as a virtual CD using MagicISO or similar.

If an injector seal is leaking, either the seat needs re-cutting (the tool is cheap on eBay etc.) and/or you need a new seal. Reusing an old one is asking for trouble, although you can get away with it if the faces are unmarked and you anneal it first, to soften the copper.

If you've drained the rail and fuel lines, it takes a lot of cranking to refill, bleed and repressurise. If your battery is a bit weak after all that, bear in mind that the injectors don't fire unless the cranking revs exceed about 250rpm. This seems to be a deliberate protection against kickback.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Halftone,

Thank you very much for the advice, I will recharge battery as it does sound a bit under powered. I have new seals now and will clean the bed as well before reinstallation. I am also looking into creating the virtual disc, cheers for that.
Can I ask you please if the stud holding the fork that the injector sits on...Does it have to be removed befor the injector comes out? i.e. I have cleaned it up now and have remved the nut so the thread is exposed. I am assuming I have to remove stud before the injector will come out?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
No, the studs are left in place. Just the nut securing the saddle is removed. The saddle then lifts out with the injector in its 'open' horseshoe end. But as you will discover, the fuel line connectors overlap the saddles, so you have to remove each injector to the right (looking at it) of the one you need to take out. IE if you need to take out the injector on #1 cylinder (=cambelt end), you have to take out injectors on #4, then #3, then #2, then #1. This is a good reason for using new seals onto spotless seats, and only doing it once :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts