Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there owners. Recently my 147 1.6l felt kind of different Whilst driving the car felt like the engine was jerking when I was on low revs and yesterday I started feeling no power at all whilst I put my foot down it would hesitate then come back again, after drivin back home the MCSF warning and engine light came on, wanted to ask if anyone has come across this and wanted to find out how to go about it.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
If you do a search you will find there are many many many threads on this. MAF fault and needs replacing

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
almost certainly MAF, and probably worth getting Lambda's check too,

although just to throw a spanner in the that theory just check the induction pipes especially the flexible corrugated bit towards the top, make sure there are no splits anywhere as this was a big issue with my GTV twinnie,

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If the warning light is on you need to check what error it is picking up - there is little point in just trying to guess because it can be one of hundreds of thing.

You need to get the error message(s) read then you know what to fix.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
If the warning light is on you need to check what error it is picking up - there is little point in just trying to guess because it can be one of hundreds of thing.

You need to get the error message(s) read then you know what to fix.
Yes but hesitation at low revs and picks up on full throttle is a maf fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts