Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if any has led rear lights or knows where you can purchase them for a alfa 147?

thanks steady

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Sorry, I can't help you, but every fibre of my body is screaming

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhh! Don't do it!!!:eek:

;)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Given the "idiosyncratic" nature of AR electrics, you may be causing yourself more problems than you think.....
PS IMO leds are for consumer electronics:lol:

·
Registered
285 Posts
You probably can find them here. Please keep us informed of your experience with it. :)

If it goes ok, I'll be in the line for buying ones too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I put LED side lights on the front, but as they dont draw enough ampage, the car just thinks you have a blown bulb and the blown light warning light comes on, so i took them off again straight away.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I know that happens with front side lights and side light indicators, and you have to put a resistor in parallel to fool the system. There are already some leds with that resistor built in, but I don't if the stop and tail lights have that warning on the dash.

·
Registered
558 Posts
ultraleds do good bulbs - bulbs fit in standard sockets so don't look chavvy or anything unless you go for odd colours.
sidelights are awkward to change on a 156 (not sure about 147), because pins are offset on bulb and due to the way the reflector is, you don't see the front of the bulb where most of the light is coming out so even though the bulb is bright they look quite dim when fitted.
Great for interior lights as don't flatten battery if left on by your kids etc.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I know that happens with front side lights and side light indicators, and you have to put a resistor in parallel to fool the system. There are already some leds with that resistor built in, but I don't if the stop and tail lights have that warning on the dash.
they do on the 156 so i assume the 147 is the same?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yes, it is. The 147 also has a quirky habit, I remember, of telling you bulbs had blown when they hadn't. Happy days.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts