Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi people,

Having read many threads regarding the manuals available for the 147, I would just like a little advice which will hopefully clear a few things up.

I can see that the two most up to date, and probably most comprehensive, are ePER and eLearn. I see that ePER seems to be the most up to date (v.84 seems to be from 2014), but what I would like to know is; which one is most useful for actually doing work to the 147?

I don't need it to be step by step (but if it does that, I won't complain), I was just wondering which one was more accurate/easier to follow.

*Edit: Also, could someone point me in the direction of the best diag software for my 2007 147 JTDM 16v, and cable too?

Thanks,
Henry

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
You need both eLearn and ePer. eLearn is pitched at trained AR techs and is often cryptic or terse, lacking detail. ePer is a parts manual that's useful for filling in detail of how bits go together. There will still be unknowns and fortunately this forum is a repository of wisdom from others who have been there before. So although there is no single source, the answers are out there. And PLEASE if you ask for help or manage to figure out a solution post it as a conclusion to the thread.

I'm using MES and Torque (Android BT). I can't link to bookmarks for adaptors right now as I'm posting from phone.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
ePer is a parts database, other than checking you're ordering the correct part it's not what you want for a workshop manual.

Elearn is the workshop manual, it's not a friendly tool like a Haynes manual but better than nothing. MES is the best software out there, and a set of these to connect to the various ECUs.

Might well be cheaper alternatives for the cable set out there, I did a quick ebay search for ELM, KKL cables and adapters sorted by price.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all very much for that! I'll definitely be getting eLearn, MES and the leads, and may get ePer at some point should I need to, but won't bother to start with.

I have noticed that the forums are brimming with knowledge, and it was key to the car I ended up buying. I want to make sure that I fully understand everything when I'm working, so it will be great to have the manuals there (with guides on here as a back-up in case I foul up, which is probably pretty likely :biglaugh: )

I cannot wait to get started, I do have quite a long list already!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Another useful section for guides is Alfa Workshop (along with being a parts supplier);

Alfa Romeo "How To..." Workshop Guides

Plus numerous threads and guides on here and of course if you have any additional questions just post them up and people will be sure to help you!

Please make sure you make use of the search function though! People do get sick of being asked the same questions every week :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another useful section for guides is Alfa Workshop (along with being a parts supplier);

Alfa Romeo "How To..." Workshop Guides

Plus numerous threads and guides on here and of course if you have any additional questions just post them up and people will be sure to help you!

Please make sure you make use of the search function though! People do get sick of being asked the same questions every week :thumbup:
Thank you very much for that, they look really useful!

And of course, I shall make good use of the search function, as most generic things already seem to have threads dedicated to them with guides and the rest of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts