Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi mates,

I have this problem for a long time, but now it gets more and more noticeable ... Car is AR 147 2001 85 kw 8v JTD. I did a video clip to be more specific. Thing is is it the DMF or the injector or maybe both :D and I don`t wanna spend money on these expensive repairs and end up in the same situation :vomit:

So,
clutch pedal is heavy,
car is ~100.000 miles,
don`t know if it is on original clutch,
I have to add throttle to avoid vibrations
they appear around 850-1200 rpm
engine mounts are checked and they are fine, top and bottom one (gearbox) are changed just in case

A friend also said that maybe vales need adjustment since they are not hydraulic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOcSZZyfqSQ

If you need any other info, please write.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, due to the juddering of the engine, sounds are coming from everywhere, vibrations normally can be felt in any area of the engine, but most noticeable are on the top head where the engine cover is. Juddering is more present when the clutch is getting in contact with pressure plate/DMF (don`t know witch one is) in the release process and also when I add throttle but I am in low rpm ~900-1200.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Edited, didn't check the video :d

So there is just sound? How is the car running? Does it shake when you start moving or when you turn of the engine?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your reply`s

@Hugh

It vibrates in neutral no matter clutch pressed/depressed. It does`t vibrate only when it is moving.

@Elvin

Unfortunately it didn`t come on on me to put a bottle with water to see how it vibrates. The sound that it makes when I open the bonnet it is from the loose engine cover.

When I take off it vibrates even more in the moment when clutch starts to bite and I have to add throttle to reduce those symptoms. I don`t feel any stronger shaking or vibrations when turning on/off the engine like in case of damaged engine mounts.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I mentioned the Aux belt area because the freewheel clutch on the alternator can cause heavy rattling/shaking when it's seized and no longer free wheeling. This is most obvious at idle/low revs and when you engage the clutch to pull off.

Easy to check ... pull off Aux belt and try to turn alternator pulley in opposite direction to rotation whilst stopping alternator rotor turning with a screwdriver. Pulley should turn in opposite direction easily enough but lock when you try and turn it the other way.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip :thumbs: will tell my mechanic to check it. It might be, when i look at my headlight the passenger side one (my country left hand drivers) I can see how the cap of the bulb is shaking. Also, i have noticed sometimes how the rpm are influenced when I turn the headlights on or put on higher speed the fan ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts