Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Trying to remove the drive shafts on a 1.9 JTD. I can't get anything up to leaver it up and I have found removing the 4 bolts is not the way to do it. Just after some advice on how others have done it on a drive. Read something about using the shaft as a slide hammer but didn't really understand what they where trying to get at. Just trying the near side at the moment but advice on the off side much appreciated as well

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
387 Posts
You need place a small crowbar or something similar between gearbox and inner shaft cup and push the cup out,assuming that you already have cv joint out of wheel bearing

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need place a small crowbar or something similar between gearbox and inner shaft cup and push the cup out,assuming that you already have cv joint out of wheel bearing

Hi, thanks for the reply, the shaft is still complete. I have disconnected all the joints etc so there is movement but the shaft itself is still complete.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you follow the shaft down to gearbox you will see where inner cup is connected to gearbox, you might need to get under the car and either tap the inner cup out with hammer or using a long screwdriver pull it out off the gearbox, once shaft is out clog the hole with something(I used little bin bag) otherwise you will lose some gear oil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts