Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've searched the threads in the forum, but I didn't find neither clear pictures nor clear instructions. The thing is that I've bought a navigation receiver for my 2001 alfa 147 a CLARION NX-807e, which does not have a standalone "turn off" button as the previous model (NX-706e) had. This means that I can't wire together ACC (red wire) and permanent 12v (yellow) wire as I did in my previous pioneer radio-cd. Is there a clear diagram of alfa 147 ISO plugs layout so that I can trace ACC pin? I'm also thinking of feeding the CLARION's +12v yellow wire through a constant 12v connection from the car's wires with a relais and a switch so I can use the radio with the ignition off. And another thing.In my friend's SUZUKI WAGONr, the radio-cd plays with the key in the "off" position, and it turns off only when you remove the key. Is there such an option in alfa 147's ISO plug? Have in mind that I cannot use ISO adaptors like the ones in ebay because the CLARION is a big unit with lots of connections behind it so the space is already congested.

·
Premium Member
7,183 Posts
The 147 only has, as standard, a permanent +12V connection on ISO A7. Usually there is no switched +12 (if present, would be on A4)
The standard alfa radio's switch on/off via the CAN bus, so don't need a switched +12.

If you require a switched +12, you could pull this from the cigarette lighter.

Alternatively, if you want to add a switched +12 with an additional mechanical switch, no need for a relay, just pull an additional wire from A7 (permanent +12) and connect it to radio switched +12 via a switch (red wire radio).....
yellow wire from radio HAS to be connected to permanent +12, else you will loose settings each time you switch off ignition.

you can also find a lot of info in the following thread :
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-andamp-blueandamp-me/153629-how-to-install-aftermarket-headunit-guide-147-156-and-gt.html
(it's getting somewhat bloated though ;) )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts