Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alfa 147

Hit Curb a while back, now had to find a new tire or may need somthing done to the suspension... :(

Took it to the garage, they think I may have buckled the wheel slightly... praying it is only that but could be the suspension arm as well.

More money!

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
That is the front upright, maybe called hub carrier too.
Not usually a replacement part, should be loads of s/h around though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if thats bent i suspect otherthings to bet bent also...
Na i think i got off lucky m8, i swapped the alloy for the spare (thinner wheel) and was able to drive it to a garage with no probs.

Its where the arm has bent and causing it to hit my alloy now, might just try and find a whole suspension arm.

Duno where to get a second hand one though for a 1.6 petrol :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bent my steering rack doing the same thing yesterday mate... @ about 8/10 mph
Yeah i was doing 12mph myself.

The council are fcking usless, how hard is it to grit a road when they knew snow was coming days ahead...

Dont know why i bother paying £240 a year roadtax sometimes!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mate does that include the diesal model? i was expoecting the springs to be diffrent on a diesal in comparision to the 1.6 petrol?

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
The springs are different, but your drawing didn't point to those...

The part you did point to is the same for ALL Petrol & Diesel 147/156/GT except 3.2V6 versions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The springs are different, but your drawing didn't point to those...
That exact part is hard to come by, i have rang up seveal diffrent breakers today and none of them have any.

My second bet was to get the whole suspension arm instead and replace it all (just incase i did bend somthing else).

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
... i have rang up several different breakers today and none of them have any...
I bet they do!!

Where are you located?
It will help us point you towards a supplier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bet they do!!

Where are you located?
It will help us point you towards a supplier.
Hertfordshire
Postcode EN7 6RE

I think i may have found somthing on ebay, luckily from a 2001 petrol 1.6 passengers side (includes the hub, wishbone and caliper)

The lot for £60 deliverd, is that good?

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Na i think i got off lucky m8, i swapped the alloy for the spare (thinner wheel) and was able to drive it to a garage with no probs.

Its where the arm has bent and causing it to hit my alloy now, might just try and find a whole suspension arm.

Duno where to get a second hand one though for a 1.6 petrol :(
Autolusso would be the best bet for used suspension components for a 147. i'd be amazed if they don't have what you need. They aren't far from you either, they are in Bedfordshire, near Dunstable.

Ned (M.D. of Autolusso) is a member here, his user name is Autolusso

J

·
0 Posts
Hertfordshire
Postcode EN7 6RE

I think i may have found somthing on ebay, luckily from a 2001 petrol 1.6 passengers side (includes the hub, wishbone and caliper)

The lot for £60 deliverd, is that good?

That's quite good actually.....

I would recommend using your old caliper and disc, its a known quantity, keep the new one, recon it and use it as a fall back or sell it on Ebay for £10-£20

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just done my lower wishbones and if you bent the part indicated (technically the steering knuckle) it must of been some wallop as this is a very heavy casting. When you say it hits the alloy (I am supposing it is a new one) how exactly is it hitting?

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
I am puzzled as to what you say about that part being bent ie the hub carrier, you say it will not drive perhaps the driveshaft has popped the clip in the cv joint at the back of the hub, this can happen as a result of a bump and causing the driveshaft knuckle to overstretch? Also check your steering rod and rack.
I only get a clue from your thread start that it will not drive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts