Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, just like to say what a great resource this site is! Bought my missus a peach of a 2002 147 1.6 (not sure on spec level), fantastic car, only issue was when I bought it was the heaters only blew luke warm, and went cold at speed, seeing that the temp guage was a bit erratic too, i put this down to the thermoastat and changed it on Thursday. The temp guage has settled a little bit but still dips between 80-90. The heaters are still only luke warm though. As far as I can tell the system has bled itself, I undid the two bleed valves as I refilled it, then ran it upto temp and all seemed fine. However the bottom coolant pipe coming out the bulkhead from the heater matrix I assume, is cold. Checked to see if there was a blockage, by taking that pipe off where it goes into the block an sucked the coolant through (stop laughing I couldn't think of another way to do it!) and water came through, so it makes me think it's an air lock?!?

When I adjust the temp on the controls I can hear the motor operating the valve, and when you turn it to cold it does go from luke warm to cold. So basically I'm at a loss, is it an air lock thats not bled out for some reason or is something stuck? Any advice appriciated :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts