Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The end of last year I Bought my "little" alfa 147 GTA,
I think most of us have seen the Topgear movies of both the 147 GTA and the Autodelta 147 GTA.

The front differntial in the Autodelta seems to make a big difference, especially when it comes to cornering and slippery situations.

I was planning to equip my GTA with a differential found on http://www.madeno.nl/nl/tuning_frames.html . ( Sorry, so far I only found it in Dutch ) rather then get more power under the bonnet.

When it comes to power I was planning to get it tuned by Squadra-Tuning ( I got my previous Fiat punto HGT - 1.9JTD engine done there as well ) http://www.squadra-tuning.com/EN/en_alfa_147_gta.htm

Anyone has got some experience and maybe additional info when it comes to this differential? ( reminds me a bit of the Focus RS tested by Topgear which seemed to do really good on track ).

Hopefully the differential will reduce wheelspin .. and save me some tires :lol:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
There are at least 4 very detailed threads on differentials this forum.
ooh yes they do reduce wheelspin bigtime :)

Probably the most useful for you at the moment is the current retrofitting a Q2 diff thread.
(maybe do title searches for LSD or Q2)

You may not be aware that Alfa have started adding the Q2 Torsen diff to diesel GT's and 147's.
This is cheap and can fit other 6 speed petrol engines too (more detail in the thread).

The Madeno diff is quite possibly the Quiffe 2.5v6 diff rebadged.
Peter K has it fitted to a 3.2 v6, and is happy with it, except for the price/potential rebadging.

I would say watch how some people get on with the Q2 retrofit, and maybe decide then?

The Autdelta diff is very good, and is a fundamentally different clutch type design to the torque sensing diffs but unless you are doing a lot of trackdays the Q2 diff seems like a bargain and won't require some maintenance in a few years.

Cheers,
TB

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers TB,

I was searching with " differential" as keyword, but that didn't yield many results ... Thanks for the info!

And yes the price is a bit of a bummer ... But maybe I can save some money on the tires :)

I'll try checking with those keywords ... but if you got you know the links by heart, they're welcome ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers,
Great info!

Thanks alot :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts