Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
My 2006 147 Ti has the ordinary front bumper and grill without the chrome strips in the plastic mesh and the grill is only horizontal chrome and verticaly just black plastic.

I've seen the grill's on eBay so know how much they are and stuff but how are the chrome strips attached to the black plastic mesh on the bumper ? Do I need a complete new bumper, new plastic inserts or does the chrome strip just clip on ? Where can I buy these ?

I've seen the Collezione, the Ducati Corse and the Q2 which come with the latest grill and front bumper and that's what I'd like on my Ti

·
Registered
90 Posts
From 2007 there was another face lift that added the silver whiskers back to the mesh grills. One of my whiskers fell off a couple of weeks ago, off my 57 plate, and you buy the whole thing mesh and all. Over £70 from the dealer, so I'm keeping an eye on eBay etc...
Your mesh doesn't have the clips, so you'd need the whole part. £150, do you want them that bad!?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Got the chrome whiskers on mine and they were in a terrible state due to the position, the chrome plate was peeling and bubbling so have done them all anthracite as have only come across one place that sold them and they only ever had left ones in stock and even then they where about £45 each.
Not bad to change though if you do find some, front bumper off then they are held on with about 8 circlip type things on the back, as andy said need the whole grill though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
From 2007 there was another face lift that added the silver whiskers back to the mesh grills. One of my whiskers fell off a couple of weeks ago, off my 57 plate, and you buy the whole thing mesh and all. Over £70 from the dealer, so I'm keeping an eye on eBay etc...
Your mesh doesn't have the clips, so you'd need the whole part. £150, do you want them that bad!?
Hi, you don't happen to have the part number do you? My chrome whisker fell off as well.

Also, is yours the satin finish chrome or "normal" chrome?

=F.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow wasn't expecting them to be that pricey! I think I'll give them a miss then!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Frangutz,
I don't have the part number I'm afraid, when I called the dealer they knew what it was and I took down the cost - but not the part number.
Good luck finding it out, your local dealer will tell you.
Andy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Alfa 147 front bumber chrome strips

Hi Frangutz,
I don't have the part number I'm afraid, when I called the dealer they knew what it was and I took down the cost - but not the part number.
Good luck finding it out, your local dealer will tell you.
Andy
Thanks Andy.

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't get a part number, so went to the local dealer to see if they can help. After considerable searching - and them telling me that my Aussie "Monza" 147 was called a Blackline overseas and thus didn't come with any chrome pieces but just plain black mesh, and that my VIN is apparently not unique world wide :rolleyes:, and there were a couple of different variations of the blackline :confused:- I finally pursuaded them that my car did come with satin chrome finish whiskers as standard :wow:.... anyhow, he finally managed to locate the part I need. So in about 3 weeks, and $160 (80 quid) from credit card, I should have the piece I need from Italy.:p

If there is a part number on the bag I'll post it up here so nobody else needs to go through the same issues.

=Franco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts