Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading the Ducati Corse 147s were supposed to have come with the Bose kit as standard. Mine doesn't appear to have Bose - speakers dont have the Bose logo on. Does anyone know for sure if Bose was std or optional? How might I check if mine has it?

Not particularly bothered anyway...had an Audi A6 (c6 gen) with Bose and two other A6s without. the Bose one certainly went loud and good for banging out electronic-y sort of music but I thought the sound was very unnatural and difficult to listen to most of the time. The old c5 A6 had lovely sound quality. The new C7...worse than the C6 with Bose.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Not sure, the trim levels say it was available as an option but like your DC my Q2 didn't have Bose either, I had to retro-fit it. Also, it seems that not all later 147s have the Bose power cable under the boot carpet. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The BOSE system should have a bass speaker in the boot behind the LH trim and that trim panel is a different shape to the RH side. On my son's car I seem to recall that the boot LH panel has "BOSE" embossed on it.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
The BOSE system should have a bass speaker in the boot behind the LH trim and that trim panel is a different shape to the RH side. On my son's car I seem to recall that the boot LH panel has "BOSE" embossed on it.
Good shout, I should have mentioned that. You should also have Bose tweeter covers too, except yours shouldn't have a screw in it. :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
And FWIW, there are no speakers behind the Bose labelled 'tweeter covers', the main speakers are dual concentric types.

What's the screw for? Handbag hanger? :biglaugh:

·
Registered
55 Posts
My DC doesn't have the Bose system either, I was under the impression it was standard. I replaced the standard head unit with an aftermarket Sony and the normal speakers are great with it, a lot easier to fit too :)

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
And FWIW, there are no speakers behind the Bose labelled 'tweeter covers', the main speakers are dual concentric types.

What's the screw for? Handbag hanger? :biglaugh:
NOOO, that would be silly. It actually holds my high heels while I'm driving :cheese:

Nah, it's the only way I've found to remove the tabs as they hide an allen bolt for removing the door card. Costs five quid every time you remove them (sigh) :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
European Ducati Corses came with Bose, so did the Japanese 2.0 TS Sillyspeed Ducati Corses, but UK and Australian versions didnt, it was an option, but I ve never seen any UK cars with it factory fitted, not that I ve inspected all 233 UK cars. Not all Euro Ducatis came with leather either.

I ve seen a few ads by from ill-informed dealers claiming the 147 Ducati theyre selling has "Bose" (theres one on Autotrader now), dunno where they get that idea from - if theres no "Bose" on the tweeter covers and no sub in the boot, theres no Bose

In fact UK Ducatis (and most later 147s as Baxter2308 says) didnt even come with the Bose power connector in the boot, whereas earlier cars came with this even if Bose wasnt fitted, meaning retro fitting requires a lead to be run from the boot to the battery.

Nah, it's the only way I've found to remove the tabs as they hide an allen bolt for removing the door card. Costs five quid every time you remove them (sigh) :thumbs:
Its a lot less brutal and much cheaper to use a very small electronics screw driver to lever it out, then cut a small piece off plastic off the bottom of the cover so you can remove it with a normal flat headed screw driver next time you take it off. :)

Not particularly bothered anyway...had an Audi A6 (c6 gen) with Bose and two other A6s without. the Bose one certainly went loud and good for banging out electronic-y sort of music but I thought the sound was very unnatural and difficult to listen to most of the time. The old c5 A6 had lovely sound quality. The new C7...worse than the C6 with Bose.
You can improve the Bose system by upgrading the speakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts