Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Does anyone know the law on fitting projector headlights?
Yes.
There is no law or regulation in the UK that prohibits the retro fitting of projector headlights.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
They are off in the fourth picture, I have the Mini projectors with led rings, dont have a close up pic with them totally off as you cannot see them as I have tinted lamp lenses.
Best pic I have with them off altogether is attached

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Lol no it isnt, but I liked the look.

Got the main beam activated shadow masks on the Mini projectors so the projectors switch to full beam when it's switched on so it does brighten the the road up, but I find the projectors a bit too focused alone whereas a halogen just lights everything up which makes it a bit easier to see clearly, how do you find yours?

·
Registered
804 Posts
My car has an HID bulb kit which the previous owner installed. I'd like to get projectors fitted but don't trust myself to get it bang-on first time. Having pulled apart a few sets of 147 headlights before, I can't be ar5ed to do it again. I'm hoping to find someone to do it for me without breaking the bank.
Answers on a postcard...

·
Registered
307 Posts
My car has an HID bulb kit which the previous owner installed. I'd like to get projectors fitted but don't trust myself to get it bang-on first time. Having pulled apart a few sets of 147 headlights before, I can't be ar5ed to do it again. I'm hoping to find someone to do it for me without breaking the bank.
Answers on a postcard...
www.facebook.com/customlightz

G

·
They are off in the fourth picture, I have the Mini projectors with led rings, dont have a close up pic with them totally off as you cannot see them as I have tinted lamp lenses.
Best pic I have with them off altogether is attached
Off topic but I do like your black front grille and is the roof vinyl wrapped?

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Have done them on my 156, without the halos - I agree, it is not a BMW...

Apart from the general faff of doing it, the only issue has been that one of the projectors is seriously skew in relation to the main beam. The projector is aligned correctly, the main lights up trees. No real problem, as I now have 4 mains, so there is a shed load of light on main beam.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I haven't fitted mine yet, only done the one so far so I have only bench tested them, but light output is much better compared to standard.

I too have the bi-xenon projectors so both will act as dipped and as main, what the retrofit crowd tend to call a quad-xenon install.

It's not that I don't like the halos, I actually think they look pretty good, I just decided against them when buying my projectors because it's not a BMW and I had a different idea for DRL's. If I was to do it again I'd probably use halos to see what it looked like.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I do like the look of that :thumbs:

How does the light on the road compare to original in terms of output and cutoff/coverage?

Ta.
There really is no comparison, the projector setup is just so much better, the light is focused right where you want it, they have a nice crisp cut off, virtually no "bleeding".

Ill try and put up some pictures of the lights on the road later...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts