Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I decide to change the springs in my bella and I want to do it by myself and Im asking you for help.
I only look on the eper site how the suspension looks like and I think it will be not so difficult but I dont know from where I have to start :(

So can we make over here some kind of manual, step by step what to do and what tools I will need to use?

Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
did you get those springs i told you about in the end then? :)

if you can't do it yourself mate, I've got a friend who did mine, and I'm sure he'd do yours cheaper than a garage would :thumbs:

·
Registered
350 Posts
i did mine and its a pain in the arse if you dont have the right tools and the know how

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
i spoke to my friend today, he said that he'd do the springs for €25 a shock mate, so €100 total if ya like. He said it should take about 2 hours to do :)

if ya do want to do it yourself, you're gonna need:
-various spanners
-various sockets
-ratchet
-springs clamps

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Rancindo PM me with the details and I will contact him when I will receive the springs from Peter :)

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
no problem mate :)

If ya wanna give me a ring or pm when you get them, and we can arrange for you to meet him then? It's hard to find his garage, so you'd need to follow me out there...
like i say, €100 for all of them to be fitted, and then he'll want to drive it up the road and back just to make sure everything is 100%
he's one of the only people i'd trust to go near my 147, he's very talented with cars :thumbs:

(there's some nice roads to drive to get to him ;))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts