Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep recieving messages as "cd error" an the unit doesn't want to read many of my cds.it's strange because sometimes it reads old and scratched cd and new and clean ones doesn't.
I tried a cd cleaner lens a month ago but with no result, so now i want to clean the lens manualy.
Does anyone know how to do this job properly?
As far as i know i can also raise the voltage in the optic unit for a better reading but how?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a CD in my 147 and it constantly plays up with CD error and there has been many times when it has a CD in it and it will not read it or even recognise there is a CD in it. From talking to a mechanic for Alfa it seems to be a fault with these Blaupunkt units. Mine seems to play up more when it is cold. Once it gets worse i think i might change it for a after market one with more bells and whistles.

·
Registered
777 Posts
mine wont play CDrewriters in the autochanger and only CDRs in the head unit. thats just the way it is I guess. Would like to replace the autochanger with a more modern one that played CDR & CDRWs. Halfords quoted me £150. anyone know of any other options?

·
Registered
6 Posts
1-You should use compact discs of good quality,that means good brands..
2-You should burn your cd at low speed,the slowest is generally better..You shouldn't burn them with 56 for example..

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
lasers and the motor mechanisms do wear out, and lose alignment/tracking. so this may be the problem - cleaning the lens will only help a bit, but won't fix a major problem.

i don't know if they are servicable (by Blaupunkt). you could contact them and see. it might cost UK$40~50 to have it serviced with a new laser (well, it typically costs AUS$120~150 for that here, by the major brands).

i've not heard of voltage upgrades. i doubt it will help; i figure there's a decent voltage regulator inbuilt (which also means that increasing the supply voltage to the regulator will not increase its output).

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello all !

My car is a 2001 alfa romeo 147 jtd, but i don`t have a code to operate the cd
Can you help me please?
Thank you!
The details are:
ZAR93700003037408
937A20002532862

1 - 13 of 13 Posts